Insulation is not just for winter, and with summer 2015 set to be one of the warmest on record, it serves as a reminder to us that we should be all be playing our part in the battle to reduce carbon emissions – and save money! UK bills are on the rise, find out some tips to stop them:
Our Top Tips:
- Up to 15% of all heat loss in the home occurs through draughts, around the windows and doors in your home. Daughter excluders are inexpensive to buy and can bit fitted yourself, and will save you plenty of pennies in years to come. They will not only keep cool air out, but it can keep cool air in too! Save your air conditioning by keeping the cooler air in this summer.
- Insulating your home is one of the best ways you can save money and reduce carbon emissions, with up to 50% of all heat loss coming from poorly insulated lofts and walls. It really is key that you’re insulation, both loft and wall, is the best it can be.
- Remember to try and switch off any appliances you aren’t currently using, most of us leave lots of electrical items on standby – this is still using electricity, costing you money and releasing carbon emissions.
- Try and car share, take public transport, walk or bike when possible. However, we all know that sometimes you can’t avoid driving, but if you follow smarter driving tips, you can potentially cut your carbon emissions by 8%! Make sure your car tyres are pumped up to the correct level for your car and that you aren’t carrying any unnecessary weight. If you stick to the speed limit of 70mph you can shave up to 10% off your fuel bill too, in comparison to those who drive at 80mph. Not only are you reducing carbon emissions by driving smarter but you are also saving yourself more money.
- Why not create a compost pile in your garden for all of your excess food waste? This will divert waste away from landfill sites, saving on transportation costs, C02 emissions and you’ll get incredible cheap, natural compost for your garden.
Can you think of any other ways which you can save money and reduce your carbon foot print? We’d love to hear from you!
If you have any questions on what type of insulation and savings we can offer you, then don’t hesitate to contact us on: 0800 689 1429